After each hospital visit I find myself peeling off sticky residue left behind from hospital tape and bandages. The worst sticky residue offender is the every dreadful 3M Monitoring Electrode with Foam Tape and Sticky Gel. The tape and gel combination is absolutely annoying to take off. When I finally remove the leftover residue, my skin is beyond irritated.
Luckily, there are many ways to remove pesky bandage adhesive. Many removal methods require harsh chemicals and elbow grease. Thankfully there's an alternative! Here is an all natural adhesive remover recipe that delivers the same results as goo gone without all the harsh chemicals.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓-1/2 cup baking soda (add more to make a thicker paste)
- Optional: Lemon juice OR a fragrant essential oil (commercial Goo Gone has an orange scent but you can choose any scent that you would like.)
- Mix all ingredients in a mason jar. Shake well.
- Apply to surface to be cleaned and let sit for 1 minute.
- Depending on the type of residue, rub or scrub to remove.
- In extra sticky situations, let goo remover sit up to 5 minutes.
- Wash with hot soapy water.